Friday, August 21, 2009

More Cards :: Batgirl, Hawkwoman, Mera

I found some fan art on the web drawn over sketch card canvasses. I've added the frame and other details and now they are ready to collect.

The most beautiful of the three designs, Batgirl looks incredible. With batarang in hand, it's like she's telling you "confess now or I'll stab you in the eye with this pointy, metallic, heavy thingie".

All due respect, I did not care too much for this Hawkwoman sketch. The problem seemed to be the helmet; it is Shayera's distinctive feature, and it is hard to get it right. Then I realized the problem was with the eyes, so I whited them out and now she looks great. I hope the artist won't kill me.

This version of Mera is simply stunning! She looks very regal thanks to the prominence given in the picture to her crown, which the artist brilliantly featured by making Mera's hair float upwards. Great idea and excellent work!

No comments: