Friday, September 11, 2009

DC Universe Classics :: Hawkgirl

A while ago we saw a preview of the Hawkgirl action figure that would be launched with Wave 8 of the DC Universe Classics line, which was due to come out in April 2009.

Well, after months and months of waiting and waiting, and going to all the Target stores near me every week, and full of hope walking to the DC action figures rack to be dissapointed and find only Dr. Impossible and Cyborg figures, I had no other option but look on eBay.

Luckily, last weekend I finally won a bid for the figure I had sought after for so long, and received it today... I am so happy I am adding one more item to my Hawkwoman collection!

I think this Shayera version of the character is a variant and not the regular, because the character profile in the back of the packing belongs to that of the Golden Age Hawkgirl, not Shayera Thal; whatever it is, I know this is my Hawkwoman and not any of the other versions.

Here we have several pictures of Figure 7, Wave 8 of the collection; one of them has labeled every articulation which is pretty cool. Disclaimer: I did not take these pictures. As with all the other waves, this one also has a "collect and connect" character, which in this case is the villainess Giganta. The Hawkgirl figure comes with the stand for Giganta, but I put it to good use for Shayera so she can stand in a cool pose.

No comments: