Saturday, October 15, 2011

Batgirl 2 :: Cut Short, Cut Deep

Written by: Gail Simone
Art by: Ardian Syaf and Vicente Cifuentes



"Cut Short, Cut Deep" is an issue full of action and mystery as Batgirl meets her new nemesis, Mirror. Gail Simone continues capitalizing on Barbara's paralysis and recovery, and now the means by which that recovery occurred are becoming quite a mystery themselves, which is kind of cool. I loved this issue overall; it had so much story in it, we got to see fights, Commissioner Gordon getting some startling news, more on Babs' roomate, a romantic interest for G.B.G., plus Mirror's little secret. Ardian Syaf's art is the perfect complement to Simone's writing, and Ulises Arreola's colors are an ideal combination of dark and bright, that in my opinion reflects what Batgirl is. I did have the feeling that I missed a page somewhere, when Batgirl had "the list" in her hands; I am not sure how that whole thing happened, but is not anything that will make me lose sleep. Batgirl #2 rocked!

NOTE:  Chronology has been updated with this entry

No comments: