Thursday, October 22, 2009

Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis on Mera

Question: Making Mera a spotlight character in "Blackest Night" was a risky move, but nonetheless it has been received by fans both new and old with lots of excitement. Are you surprised by the positive reaction, or were you expecting it, and do you have plans to write Mera and Aquaman in the future?

Johns: I'm very happy with the reaction to "Blackest Night." I know I'm pushing boundaries. It's a big superhero horror epic. And I think it's a lot of fun. And I've really enjoyed writing Mera, especially. The core center of DCU when it comes to "Blackest Night" is Barry, Hal, Mera and the Atom. And I hope to write more Mera in the future. I think she has the potential to be one of DC's most prominent female heroes.


Blackest Night: Wonder Woman #2 Guest Starring Mera

Question: Mera is one of the characters who has stood out in the story so far. How did you come up with your look and style for this character?

Reis: Actually, I got her reading the script. I don't like to come up with the image for a character before the script. I like to let the story talk me how I need to follow to the character. It happened with Mera. Geoff gave me an idea about how Mera needed to be drawn, and the story gave me how Mera needed to look.

Source: Newsarama

No comments: